Thursday, April 12, 2007

BETHEL!

We are in New York this week to visit the 3 Bethel branches, and attend our Hindi special assembly day. We are so excited because for some of us it is our first chance to tour the facilities.

Here we are with an Indian sister we met in the lobby of Patterson, Seetamah. She is also here with about 30 people from the Hindi group she attends in L.A. They just had their first public talk a few weeks ago!

Amanda, ME, and Rachel, in the lobby of Wallkill.

Amanda, Zane, ME and Kyle. Kyle was our tour guide. He is also from Illinois and has been friends with Rachel's family for years. And if I may say, he was the coolest tour guide that four people from the Hindi group could have ever had on a Wednesday in April of 2007! The absolute BEST!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saje you cutie pie! You weren't kidding about the shorter and blonder thing--and I love it. Yay!
A mi me gusta tus rayitos. Tu eres muy hermosa mi hermanita.
In Hindi--hmm--Saje bahoot pretty hai.

Anonymous said...

Oh and Uncle Frank wants to know if you are having more fun. :)

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! I was like 'Who's that blonde girl?' Our Sp'l Day is next month, but it's right here in Cali. Good excuse to visit NY and Bethel though. Can't wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

Saje! Your hair! It's short and blonde! I love your hair blonde, but it was a shock! It is super cool that you guys got to go to Bethel for your assembly day. That would be the greatest trip ever! Can't wait to see you! Love you

Anonymous said...

Saje! I'm dying to hear about the assembly and see the sari pics! (and I don't mean sorry pics lol)
By the way, Edna (Flor's older sis) and Steph Torres and I got together and made some killer pozole. I mean it. Steph is actually dead. That is, her taste buds have died as to their former way of life and are born into a new awareness of super good Mexican food. More accurately, we both watched as Edna, the real expert, chopped, boiled, blended, and sauteed her way to a vat of hominy goodness. I cut an onion and cried. Steph seeded pepper pods and...didn't cry. Now we feel at one with the soup. It stirs our soul. Anyway, I'll send Rachel a picture. It's futiful.

Anonymous said...

Bert/Uncle Frank- I always thought I had tons of fun, so I'm not sure if the hair changed much.
PK- Can't wait to see you either!
NAT- Sorry if I scared you. :P Be afaid, be very afraid... mwaa-haa-haa!

Anonymous said...

Man Berta you should write a book or a column or something. I was like, pozole! Analogy! Adjectives! Oh my! I felt the tears from your onion! Laughed at the seeds! It was like a party on the literary part of the brain!

Anonymous said...

No kidding! I think she should start a blog. She's a very good story teller.

Anonymous said...

Our neurons should all get together and take salsa lessons.
Maybe then our feet will follow.

Anonymous said...

Or our shoulders, right Saje?
By the way I took your shoulder salsa a step further with Allona, now we have a shoulder cumbia and shoulder line dance too.