Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mmmmm... FOOD!

Club Sandwitch

So today I had food on my mind...and shirt. (You know how that goes) I used to work at a sandwich shop and tried just about every combo of sandwich ingredients available. It was there that I discovered my love of the reuben (corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese usually on grilled rye with thousand island and/or horseradish sauce) and the delicate flavor an avocado can add to simple things like turkey or egg salad. I could go on forever about food, mmm...food, but instead, I'll let you. What's your favorite combination of sandwich ingredients? What's the weirdest sandwich you've ever eaten?-you must have personally eaten it. (Burgers do not count) Ok?

So here are mine:
Favorites: #1. Roast beef, lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, provalone cheese, on thick, dark wholewheat slices with mayo.
#2. Sliced Turkey breast, lettuce, avocado, bacon, on toasted sourdough with mayo and mustard.

Weirdest combo ever: Ham, avocado, cream cheese, lettuce, sprouts, pickles, on dill bread with mayo and mustard. It was full of good things, but all together it was the oddest thing ever.

Ha! Top that!

P.S.- I have no idea what the sandwich in the picture is called, but would YOU eat it?

No comments: