Tuesday, March 28, 2006

FRIENDS!

When Zane and I moved to the Chicago area after we got married, it seemed like an opportunity for adventure. Neither of us had ever lived outside of the great NW, spending the majority of our lives in Washington or Idaho. But hey, we're young! So we made the haul.
One thing I really miss about "home" is all my friends, related to me or not. I came across some pictures of them at the going away get-together thrown before we left.

Emily and Alonna

left to right: Emily and Alonna. Alonna is a shirt-tail cousin, (don't ask us to explain the relation, it's complicated) but I'll claim her as part of my family ANY day, because she's just great. The going away party was in Em's house, as were many other defining moments of my young life. (No relation, just a good friend, great friend, TREMENDOUS friend!)

Patience and Elisha

left to right: Patience and Elisha. One of my best friends, Patience is partly responsible for Zane and I ending up together. She'd been friends with him for years and even though she didn't introduce us, she did give me an excuse to visit her hall...which Zane conveniently attended as well. ;) I met Elisha just months before her wedding, and am just so happy for her. Her one year wedding anniversary is May 7th! Also a sweetheart.

Kylie Raye

Kylie Raye. Younger sister of Patience, and my unofficial adopted sister. Hillarious, gorgeous, genius.

No comments: