Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Apple Picking 10-4-09



Both Zane and my first time going apple picking, and I think Amanda's too. Who knows, I can't remember a month ago, it could have been ALL our first time.
We ate soooo many apples in the orchard that by the time we left, we didn't want to eat any of the apples we bought to take home. :(
We got a bushel and split it between the Z&Me and Cindi&Amanda. WAAAAAAY too many apples. Next time it's probably going to be a half-bushel or a 'peck'.
This is surprising, considering I grew up around farms and farmland and crops and such, but I had never actually heard the word 'peck' properly used outside of 'peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.' It's an actual thing, a peck! Go figure.
I know that we can't wait to go again next year.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Look like fun! Kinda makes me miss Greenbluff :)

Wendy Kelley said...

Ohhhh - looks like so much fun! And I'm so jealous!! You get to wear sweaters and fun fall clothes.

andpointsbeyond said...

what fun!! i wish i was young and beautiful and picking apples with you. :) my favourite shot is of all your feet around the bushel - i feel like that would be awesome on my kitchen wall...

Anonymous said...

that looks like you guys had sooooo much fun really awesome!! and you all take such great pictures nice very nice. definetly go next year, just don;t eat so many apples ha,ha.

kim said...

Cool, I would like to eat apples that wave goodbye.

Unknown said...

That does look like fun, especially the wagon. and the sticking your head out the top of the tree. and the hugging and smooching in the tree. also the Grand Eater of Gloved-Bye-Bye-Waving-Apples was in true form. (you know who you are) Did you get string in your teeth?

betiivy said...

Hey there farmer put away your DDT-I dont care bout spots on my apples leave me the birds and the bees- pleeze!!! Dont it always seem to go that you dont know what you got till its' gone- they paved paradise and put up a parking lot!